Anyway, here are the rules for the meme:
- 1. Once tagged, let others know who tagged you.
- 2. Players are to list 8 random facts about themselves.
- 3. Those who are tagged should post these rules within their meme-tag post.
- 4. Players should tag 8 other people and notify them that they have been tagged. (I'm not doing this)
Eight Random Things about Me…
- 1. I took almost a 50% pay cut to work at Wholefoods and center my life in the city more (instead of commuting to NJ everyday) and I'm a lot happier for it.
- 2. I really don't like coffee, but I drink it at work almost every day, at least once.
- 3. After wanting to learn for a long, long time, I am teaching myself the art of canning. You know, sealing jars filled with food so they will keep for 100 years if kept sealed.
- 4. If I could listen to one and only one band for the rest of my life, it would be this one.
- 5. Now that I'm not vegetarian anymore, I embraced eating meat. As in, I don't want to pretend my food isn't from an animal. I am fascinated by butchers and someday want to raise (and eat) at least my own chickens.
- 6. In the vein of #5, I'd secretly love to be a butcher. All my dream jobs are "boy" jobs, that I could probably do if I worked out and was stronger, but I am usually too small/not stong enough. For example, in college I took a wildfire firefighting class. If I had been in shape, I could have taken the strength test and gone to Wyoming for the summer to fight forest fires. Butcher, firefighter, farmer, etc.
- 7. I'm really proud for having convinced my world that gluten-free food can be (and is, if I'm preparing it) delicious. People at work don't really say "oh, I feel bad for you because you can't eat ______" much anymore. I've brought in tons of cookies and cupcakes and coffeecakes and word's spread that being gluten-free isn't the worst thing that can happen to you. Also, I'm really jealous of everyone with beautiful photographs on their blogs. Jerks.
- 8. I think I might get another dog soon.