Chickee's Favourite Gluten Free Sandwich (Or French!) Bread
This is a great bread with a unique soft texture. It will make (sort of) baguettes that can be made into garlic bread- they are a little flat, but they do the job! This will make one loaf, or two smallish baguettes. Easy to make dairy free too, just use soy milk.
| Edit... My Notes
Requires Premium Membership My Notes
|1 1/2||cups rice flour|
|1 1/2||cups tapioca flour|
|2|| tablespoons sugar |
|1||tablespoon xantham gum|
|1||tablespoon dry yeast|
|1|| cup milk |
|2|| tablespoons oil |
|1||teaspoon apple cider vinegar|
- Combine all dry ingredients and mix well.
- Combine wet ingredients and add to the dry.
- Beat in an electric mixer (strong) on high for 3 minutes.
- Pour into an 8 x 4 inch loaf pan (or use oiled hands and spatula to shape into 2 thin, tallish baguettes on baking paper). Let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Brush the top with oil (you must do this step! Otherwise the crust is yuk) and bake at 180 C or 350 F for 50-60 minutes.